Friday, November 18, 2016

Thanksgiving in Napa....

Hey, all! I'd like to take this time to thank both the hosts and the readers who took the time, not only to host me, but to follow my antics from blog to blog.  I hope you've had as much fun as I have...and have enjoyed a little different take on book release.   Anyway, as I promised.... I've included my family's recipe for Pumpkin Pie (Imagine my surprise when I got my grams recipe box, I found that my favorite pumpkin pie as a little girl was actually made from a faded Libby's Pumpkin label.) To this day I still use that faded recipe, and my sister - bless her soul, can tell if I don't use it!  So maybe we shouldn't mention that my mom is making the pumpkin pie this year...lol.    





Libby's Pumpkin Pie


  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
  • 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
  • Whipped cream (optional)

 
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
 
POUR into pie shell.
 
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
And of course, I also mentioned I would include the recipe I use to make peanut butter fudge.  This is the same recipe I've used for years to make fudge for my mom, who was an amazing cook, but for whatever reason always failed to make a decent fudge.  I still remember every year her calling me the day after Thanksgiving and asking where her fudge was. (for several years that was one of my gifts to my mom)
 
Peanut Butter Fudge

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
 
  
Put sugar and milk in pan and bring to a boil. Boil two and a half minutes. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir just until mixed well.
  
Pour into greased pan (the smaller the pan, the thicker the fudge will be). Cool and cut.
 
Of course, now that you have my recipes you'll have to try them yourself, and see which you prefer - for me it's a toss up. I love my fudge, but pumpkin pie is a favorite of mine that I can eat year round....not just at thanksgiving time.  :D 
 
 
Just a quick recap for all of you...in case you missed any of the stops at the beginning of the week - there's still time to stop back and grab those entries - as the contest will be open until midnight tonight.   And don't forgot to subscribe to my newsletter (or if you already do...just post your email in the spot provided) for two extra entries to win the signed print set of the Doms of Napa, handmade flogger and swag bundle. I'll be drawing the winner tomorrow night and posting it on my author facebook page around 8pm CST.   Good luck! And thanks for joining me as I celebrate the release of Benevolent Master.
 
 
 
Day One: Evelise Archer
Day Two: TL Reeve
Day Three: Ellie Potts
Day Four:  V.S. Morgan
Day Five: Sharita Lira
Day Six: Pauline Allan
Day Seven: J.D. Nelson
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you'd like to find out more about Benevolent Master: CLICK HERE
 
 
©Dakota Trace All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment